- Attained charitable status in 2004.
- Received Ontario Trillium Foundation Grant for a three year program.
- Received funding from the Ministry of Attorney General for a partnership program in 2006.
- Developed a unique model of service delivery to the South Asian community.
- Formed historic partnership - South Asian Health Coalition with partners from the Health Services York Region, the Canadian Cancer Society, the Canadian Diabetes Association, and the Heart & Stroke Foundation and hosted first Health Fair.
- Recognized as a member organization by United Way of York Region in 2006.
- Completed Strategic Planning Cycle for 2006 to 2009.
- 1st South Asian Adult Day program in Partnership with Unionville Home Society funded by CLHIN 2009
- Diabetes Self Management and Prevention Project in partnertship with Markham Stoufville Hospital and Carefirst in 2010
- 1st SSN Thanksgiving Night: to celebrate community partnerships in November 24, 2010
1st Annual Impact of Family Violence Conference at Queens Park on May 5th 2011
- 1st SSN Helping Hands Fund Raising Gala June 2011
- Armadale Seniors Hub in partnership with the Town of Markham
- Initiated the movement for a Community Health Center in Markham and Richmond Hill 2011
- Submitted a proposal for a Community Health Center in Markham and Richmond Hill in August 2011
- 1st Federal Grant: Building the Safe Community for Us: South Asian Girls, Teens and Young Women Strategize for Change funded by Status of Women Canada 2011
- Moved to a new location! Markham Community Hub Jan 2012
- 2nd Impact of Family Violence conference at Seneca college May 2nd and 3rd 2012
- Received Pan Canadian Funding from HRSDC